Duraseal Quick Coat Stain – 1 Gallon
$42.00 – $44.00
DuraSeal® Quick Coat Penetrating Finish is a semi-transparent stain formulated to seal, color and provide exceptional durability when used on bare wood and masonry surfaces. This rich blend of oil and resin gives hardwood floors a soft, satiny sheen. Its unique formulation provides a surface that can be topcoated in two hours. DuraSeal® Quick Coat Penetrating Finish is available in existing DuraSeal® colors as well as many Certified Minwax® colors. It can be used with or without a finish coat, and is compatible with all DuraSeal® water-borne and oil-modified finish systems.
- Properly prepare floor according to NWFA specifications. Use a No.100 grit screen for the final screening cut.
- Remove all dust with a vacuum and tack surface with a clean cloth moistened with mineral spirits.
- Shake material thoroughly before and occasionally during use. Apply to a small test area before proceeding with the entire job to ensure desired color. If desired, DuraSeal® Quick Coat Penetrating Finish #110 Neutral can be used to lighten any standard DuraSeal® wood tone.
- Apply the first coat of DuraSeal® Quick Coat Penetrating Finish liberally with a brush, lambswool applicator or cloth at approximately 500 square feet per gallon.
- Allow to penetrate for 5-8 minutes, then remove excess by wiping with rags or by buffing with #2 steel wool. Removal of all excess material is essential to ensure proper dry time and adhesion of the finish coat.
- If desired, apply a thin second coat at a coverage rate of approximately 800 square feet per gallon. Allow to penetrate and remove excess material in the same manner as the first coat (step 3 above).
- Allow the final coat to dry at least 2 hours and apply a DuraSeal® finish coat of your choice.
Place rags, steel wool and other waste immediately after use in a sealed, water-filled metal container. See cautionary statement
DRY TIME AND CURE
Approximately 2-3 hours. Note: Dry time is based on conditions of 77° and 50% relative humidity.
First coat – approximately 500 square feet per gallon. Optional second coat – approximately 800 sq.ft. per gallon.
Application tools should be cleaned with mineral spirits or paint thinner immediately after use.
Regularly remove dust and dirt by sweeping or vacuuming. Periodic buffing will renew luster. Exceptionally worn areas may require an additional finish coat. Maintain floors sealed only with DuraSeal® Quick Coat Penetrating Finish with DuraSeal® Renovator Cleaner and Reconditioner.
Store at room temperature. If stored at high temperature, cool to room temperature before use. Keep from freezing